Mountain biking is one of my favourite past-times. Whenever I get a free weekend, I pack up my bike and head to the countryside. I was recently asked what to take on a mountain bike ride, so I've put together a list of essential mountain biking kit that we stock at Everyone Bikes and why each item is important.
CAMELBAK AURORA HYDRATION PACK
- Large water bladder inside
- Pockets for tools, maps, phone, food, etc...
- Small bit of protection if you do take a tumble
BONTRAGER INNER TUBE
- Saves repairing a hole in an inner tube, which can be fiddly and time consuming in the winter or rain.
- Useful if something strange breaks or bends, sometimes a range of tools will help swap a bolt from another area of the bike or simply adjust saddle height.
- Save another rider whom you may encounter on your journey.
- Adjust brake lever position or maybe sort an issue with bent brake pads or callipers.
- Does what is says, allows a tube to be inflated so we can ride again.
LEZYNE TYRE LEVER AND PATCH KIT
- Great levers for taking a tyre off and patches can save a horrid walk back if you get more than one puncture between friends.
TORQ ENERGY BAR OR BOOST
- Can be really good after a fall, when adrenaline is making the body shake and feel a bit weird, some sugar or energy food can settle things nicely sometimes.
- If you have one last hill and it happens to be bigger than you thought, it's a huge help to know you have a bar in the bag to give you that boost, works psychologically too .
QUICK LINK FOR BIKE CHAIN
- Can repair a broken or twisted chain (check you have the correct one for your chain before leaving).
*If you're interested in any of these products, or want me to personally help you out with putting together a kit, I'm happy to help! Just pop down to the shop and ask for Luke. :)